Thursday, March 18, 2010

So you know how I'm continually questioning whether I want to work in theatre or not?
Yeah, still questioning.
However, I might have a meeting with an Artistic Director of another theatre company (off off broadway, but seems better run than the one I'm currently working on), as well as a member of Nederlander- a major producing company in NY and LA.

Oh and I might be meeting my grandpa's friend who's up on Monday/Tuesday for Stephen Sondheim's birthday.
Excuse me while I fangirl all over the place.


On another note, I went to my theatre today and waited around for 2 1/2 hours, hoping to get into the theatre and get some measurements (and drop off the bios that were due two weeks ago), and no dice. So I'm going to try and go back later this afternoon, but I have to wait for my lamp to get dropped off.



So by tomorrow evening I need to:

[ ] drop off Bios (STILL HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO. I'M GETTING NERVOUS)
[x] get dimensions of theatre space
[x] Find massive amounts of Kelly Green gaffers tape (more difficult than you'd think) now i just have to order
[x] Find relatively cheap orange face paint that doesn't look gross (more MAC less backyard clown) also more difficult than you'd think need to go to makeup mania on the lower east side)
[x] 9:30 am Friday meeting with set designer in Brooklyn
[x] type up costume chart and notes and send to costume designer
[x] email Demetrius/actor to send images of his black clothing to costume designer
[x] update and send out revised schedule en masse
[ ] contact Joan about learning light board/sound board (I have to do that sometime during the next week, but not looking forward to it)

I'd also like to do this asap (most of this by tomorrow evening, but who knows):
[x] call back Blue Shield
[x] email Nancy
[ ] figure out what happens when you put the wrong address down on a package that needs a signature/ where it goes
[x] call Martha and other dude
[x] email back Ralph Guild
[ ] set up appointment to meet with Martha, other dude, and Ralph (separately)
[ ] edit play/make corrections (during the next week)
[ ] research for play
[ ] begin to transfer play to novel (lofty goals, probably won't happen until after the show closes)
[ ] clean apartment
[ ] buy toilet paper
[ ] laundry
[ ] get my butt to the free clinic, finally.
[ ] call up old dr's office and get referrals


*GO SEE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO! IT'S PLAYING AT TWO THEATRES NEAR ME, HUZZAH. Little victories.
And I need to start meditating, or something.

P.S. I need this room in my life:


I want to go to the Beach


And I wish I hadn't left this book at home

No comments:

Post a Comment