Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Yorkers have gone crazy. The first day of spring and it's sunny and warm outside and what seems to be an infinite number of people have tumbled out onto the streets. Both Washington Square Park and Union Square have been overrun. It's wonderful.

I was finally able to drop off my bios today. Someone's been lying and telling the Artistic Director that I'm doing a good job. I helped him write a strongly worded email, which also put me in his good graces, and told him that we may have found a set designer for him. As I left, I saw some of the new Hair Tribe waltzing in for a matinee performance.

Wandered from 45th street to 39th along 8th Ave and headed over to the Hell's Kitchen Antique Fair. It's damn nice. I got a blanket, purse, pair of sunglasses and 3 bracelets for $30 bucks. That's got to count for something.

I would buy something that ugly. But I love it... Just need to wash it.

Headed back to Broadway and walked to 15th Street/Union Square where a massive farmer's market is held everyday. After sitting on the corner and talking for 45 minutes I wandered through. They have a lot of wine stalls, needed more food markets that aren't related to hot dogs or cheese though.



When I hit Washington Square it looked like a beach party had broken out. Everywhere you looked were people sunbathing, guys playing hackey sack, artists, kids eating popsicles, and dogs running about.

Tomorrow, after I go to the Brooklyn Flea- and if I can find a place, I'm going to go there and do some writing... Or sleep. Right off of 6th there is another flea market, smaller and a lot crappier, but it has a few good things. Except empanadas. I bought one there and a) it was $4 b) it was completely fried and c) tasted like shit.

I'm sorry, but whoever told them that was what an empanada is supposed to taste like, well they were horribly horribly wrong.
Then I ran to the store because I broke out in hives and ended up spending $50 on food, toilet paper, and Mexican beer. Because that's how you know it's springtime.

All in all I was wandering about in the sun for 4 1/2 hours and I am sunburned. Rats, that's what I forgot. Sunscreen. Tomorrow I'm going to try out the Brooklyn Flea, than hopefully the park. Later this week I want to see Girl with a Dragon Tattoo that's playing limited release in two theatres nearby. the only downside? $12 for a ticket, with no matinee or student discount. What is this nonsense?


Let's see how long before I kill this one.

I broke out in hives, and the Benadryl is starting to kick in, so I'm going to sign off.
Peace out, homeslices.

No comments:

Post a Comment