Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm incredibly sick, with a stomach flu or something, so I'll keep this short.
Loretta got in Friday night, and it was fantastic. We stayed up late chatting and the next day she wandered about while I went to work. Then we got lunch at the MOMA (always fun) and walked around Central Park. Ended up going out that night with Rachel and seeing an awesome live show and playing darts. It was my first real time out in the city, and of course the next day I got sick.

At first I assumed it was a hangover, I get them easily enough, but they usually start strong and leave just as quickly... So when it was 6 pm and I started feeling worse, I got a bit suspicious.

By Monday morning, I was a complete wreck. Nauseous and dizzy, I felt jittery and like my skin was on fire. (Read: stomach flu?) I felt bad enough that I couldn't go and hang out with Loretta, but combine that with my own scheduling snafu that messes up Thursday's rehearsal? I was a mess. I ended up crashing in bed for more or less 15 hours while Loretta watched Mrs. Henderson Presents.

Of course, with all this I've been freaking out over messing up the schedule. I like to be on top of it all, pride myself on it, but here I am making a mess of things. Maybe because I'm sick, but I feel like I'm chasing to keep up with a car that's speeding away from me, so I'm going to try and get better grounded on the show and everything. The director accepted my apology, though whether it's because I haven't eaten in 3 days and look horrific or if it's because I looked like I was about to cry- I'm not sure.

Anyway, now I'm drinking tea and getting caught up on everything. I have a bunch of work to do, and Loretta's now on her way home, and even though I'm tired I know I need to get some stuff sorted out.

Oh and I got a really cryptic email from The New School's Graduate Program for Creative Writing.

Dear Applicant to The New School's Graduate Writing Program,

We are writing with what we hope will turn out to be good news! Could you--at your earliest convenience--call Jackson Taylor in the writing
program office. We are here from Monday to Thursday from 2 to 6 PM.

Many thanks,


What a cheeky email. I say.

Will update photos in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment