Tuesday, February 9, 2010

There's a snowstorm on the way. Don't know when it's supposed to start, but it's dark and gloomy and cold.

The weather more or less mirrors how today has gone. After seeing Shruti off on the shuttle at 3 am, I couldn't sleep. Finally slept between 5 and 10:30, with another nap between 11:45 and 1. Then I set out to clean my room, where I discovered a massive amount of dust. And when I mean dust, I mean, more dust than I thought was possible, and I think I've inhaled most of it.

I need to find a vacuum and a duster somewhere. Everything smells like dust right now. Anyway, I pseudo cleaned while munching on Swedish fish and leftover pasta. Makes for a great lunch, let me tell you.

Since 3, I've been working on job applications. Specifically the NYU job application forms. It took about an hour and a half to fill out the main NYU form, and now I'm trying to rapid fire type up a cover letter. I hate cover letters. Nothing makes someone sound more like a jerk than a pretentious, self-indulgent, cover letter (and what, a blog isn't?).
I'm going to try and apply to 5 jobs tonight. Tomorrow 5 more, plus 5-10 theatre jobs as well. I just want a job so that I don't feel lonely. That's the worst.

And it's a good thing that I'm taking Vitamin D. Especially because of all the gloom outside.
I don't feel like I'm living here yet. I still feel like I'm living at home and good God, do I miss it. I miss everything single thing, down to the utensils and the length of the carpet in my bedroom. And my dog. I miss my dog so much. It's the kind of "missing" where I feel that if it doesn't let up soon, I'm going to go crazy. And it's only been a week. I wonder if I'll be able to make grad school up here. I only applied to schools in NYC and LA, but suddenly I feel like the Pacific Northwest and all it's naturey, hippie glory is where my heart really belongs.

And I'm only 23 but I feel so old.

More pictures later, when I'm procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment