Thursday, February 11, 2010

I made the mistake of making a photograph of my dog my desktop.
I made another mistake at listening to the Last 5 Years.



I've applied to 4 jobs and 2 internships so far. I'm going to try and get 4 more internships and 6 more jobs before sunday. I need to do even more, but the stress of turning them in just makes me postpone them more. That in turn makes me feel lazy and wasteful, every day I haven't done something is just another day that I haven't taken advantage of being here.



It's lonely applying to all this stuff. I wish I had it already, or had some friends, or something to make the transition easier. The snowstorm didn't help. Today was my first time out in two days, and it was muddy and disgusting and it just made me miss home.

Things will be better tomorrow.
Though it's going to be the exact same as today.
I need to get back to writing. Maybe if I can be productive in the morning, I can go to the coffee shop down the street in the afternoon.
And people keep saying I'm brave, but I don't feel particularly brave. I don't know how brave it is to feel so desperately homesick that you feel like you're walking around half empty. If I'm brave, then why the hell does it take all my energy just to send a cover letter. I'm so far behind on everything.

Anyway, enough rambling. My room (now decorated)

larger size




And now I shall go and watch Secret Diary of a Call Girl

Because how can you be said when you watch that?
Answer: You can't.

1 comment:

  1. Is there anyone in the world who doesn't feel like passing out when they pass out their resume, cover letter, or portfolio? Or maybe its just us two. Did I ever tell you about the one time I actually did, it was pseudo embarrassing. Of course theres been so many times I've passed out they blend into eachother, huh?

    ReplyDelete