Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The show is over!

Huzzah. I'm so tired. Today is my day to just sit around and do nothing. At least until 7, when I have to go see Love's Labours Lost at the same theatre where Midsummer was being performed. It doesn't help that afterwards there's a cast party for all of them and I'm supposed to go to that as well. I would say that it's totally not a bad thing, except I don't really know the cast...so....luckily they all seem pretty nice. Last night we closed, managed to accomplish striking everything within an hour without any major casualties and then proceeded to the Irish Rogue on 44th and 8th.

We were at the Rogue until 3 am. Then 5 of us went to a place that was within walking distance form my apartment (yay) where we stayed until 5 AM. FIVE IN THE MORNING. I woke up at 9 and couldn't go back to sleep so I'm starting to fade right about now.

All in all the show went alright. I have some issues with several of the technical choices, last night's crowd was overflowing onto the stage, but the energy was great. I get to spend tonight's show up in the booth since it's a) more comfortable and b) I don't have to pay quite as much attention. And I left my book and chocolates someone gave me up there so I can entertain myself since I absolutely HATE that Shakespeare play.

After that I'm going to try and set up my appointments with the new Artistic Director. I potentially had another concurrent job as a Stage Manager for The Little Mermaid, but the time was just too difficult to maneuver. I'm a bit bummed, I would have received $800... if I had gotten it that is.

tl;dr I WANT MONEY AND A NAP.

But my grandma's coming in two weeks! And I'm seeing Hayley and Maren in... 4 or 5 weeks when I go up to Boston for a few days. Brittany in June, and I'm house sitting during part of July so... yeah, that's what I'm up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment