Thursday, April 8, 2010

I was at rehearsal/ meetings for 10 hours yesterday. Today should be more like a 9-hour day. hopefully I'll be back around 8 pm. That doesn't count the fact that I've been up since 7:30 am sending emails, working on publicity packets and getting props.

I am so incredibly tired already, and I don't have a day off until April 27th. Luckily, that's less than 3 weeks. I can make it through 3 weeks, right? Right? Ignoring all the meetings and the fact that I need to go and work cue to cues on my own, my family visiting, and production meetings for the next show.

On the bright side, I enjoy all the tech people and my director. If I could just hang out with them and ignore the actors, I'd be good (even though the actors are still great...sometimes). They just don't seem to understand that they have rehearsal twice a week. I have rehearsal every single day.

I think it's time to start buying redbull. And at least Saturday's rehearsal is a morning rehearsal so I'll be done at 2. Not that it helps much without a day off. I just hope I don't have a meeting every night next week, so that I can at least see my family once in a while. I don't even know if I'll be able to stay with them since I need to be in contact with my computer/email at pretty much all times and being a stage manager demands CONSTANT VIGILANCE.

I'm too delicate for this job. Too bad I have no other skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment