Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random topics

It's supposed to be 85 degrees today. Insanity. I'm hoping to get as much stuff done as possible so that I can go and sit in the sun for a bit before going to rehearsal. Yesterday I was there from 12- 6:30.

But it was a good day. I have to remind myself that it's only a few more weeks and that the director and the cast are great. I met the lighting designer, and he's fantastic also. From the Bay Area and we were talking about all the places we've traveled that remind us of San Francisco.

Him: Zurich, Seattle, Melbourne
Me: Buenos Aires, Dublin, parts of London (Notting Hill)

We also talked about going to grad school here and how he met his wife 4 months after arriving.

I have rehearsal from 1:30-6 tonight, followed by a meeting with the set designer and then the costume designer. I'm trying to get all of these meetings out of the way because a) we have 16 rehearsals until the show and b)my family is coming next week and I want to at least have some time to stay with them.

And several people will be pleased to hear that I'm going to go and drop off my deposit today for NYU. I talked about it with the cast last night, especially Lysander who majored in Creative Writing and Dramatic Writing undergrad. He asked me if I was going to sell my soul (read: screenwriting) and I argued that maybe I'd be able to do both. He said it wasn't possible. I said that I chose not to believe him since he just had surgery and was under the affects of Vicodin.*

So yesterday was a good day in theatreland. I'm not sure about today, or tomorrow or the rest of this. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. Why do I always forget about all the stress and hate I harbor towards the rehearsal process when I'm not working on a show? I'm like the kid who doesn't learn that Fire Burns, and to step away from the open flame.

I guess that's it for now.
Let's see how I'm feeling later tonight.


P.S. I really want to see Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson. Why am I broke!? Maybe I'll see if my family wants to see it...


*It's really entertaining to see someone recite Shakespeare doped up. Not so much when you know it's because they had surgery on their wrist.


EDIT: Operation Get Family To Go See A Musical With Me is a success. Will be seeing Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson sometime next week! Huzzah! Viva El Presidente!

1 comment: