Wednesday, April 14, 2010

3 things

1. My family is here. I'm staying at the hotel with them, and this makes me very happy.

2. I'm so stressed out by my show that I've cried every single day. And I don't mean a single tear, but full on freak-out crying fits. I'm just exhausted and tired of 10 hour days. At least I like the people though. But my mental health is taking a beating and a half, it's like every single tiny space in my brain has been inundated with stress, anxiety, and a sense of nausea. I'm not even worried about the show, i just need it over. Now.


3. I saw Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson tonight. There were some flaws, but in general I really liked it. The set was fantastic, the lighting- gorgeous, the singing was pretty good... it could be improved at times, but a lot of that was stylistic choice and nothing more.

The story is well executed, it's funny, and makes sense. It was just missing something... but not enough for me to dislike it. Maybe I just wanted one more song, or a reprise, I'm not sure. But I still loved the way it was performed, definitely reminded me that there is a reason that I love theatre, not merely tolerate it (as I have begun to feel). My mom also seems to really like the concept of Dramaturg, and likes pointing out all the people in the cast and crew who went to Tisch.

I'm exhausted and dreading rehearsal from 9 am- 8 pm tomorrow (including a meeting). It's really frustrating when you don't want to go to sleep because that would mean waking up and dealing with tomorrow, but being so tired all you want to do is sleep for a month.

And my director wants me to house/pet sit for a month in June/July. I'm down, her cat is adorable, her apartment is quiet and cool. I'll get some writing down, though I'll have to commute from Brooklyn to Penn Station to do work. It's only 25 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment