Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's my last day in Washington DC. I've been staying at my friend's apartment and sleeping on the ground out in the living room. It's actually ridiculously comfortable, though I can't wait to be up in New York sleeping in a bed.

It's supposed to snow up to 1/2 a foot tonight and the roads, I have been told, most definitely won't be cleared by tomorrow. This means Shruti and I will be lugging 3 giant rollers, 2 backpacks and a duffel bag in uncleared snowy roads about a mile to the nearest spot where cabs pick up.
So that'll be fun.

Yesterday I went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and saw my grandpa.
I really miss home, but I think that once I get situated with an apartment and hopefully find a job, things will get better. And hopefully I'll get into grad school, and hopefully I'll find some theatre. Everything is so chaotic right now. I have 2 appointments for apartments and a few more potentials that I still haven't sent a date for. I'm going to try and check out two other places before Wednesday morning and make my decision then. Then I'll move into the apartment Friday or Saturday from the hotel and Shruti can stay in the room until she leaves early tuesday morning.

Pictures later, if I still have internet

No comments:

Post a Comment