Thursday, September 2, 2010

I went to my orientation yesterday.
It was... AWESOME. We have the woman who wrote Monsoon Wedding and she's scary and wonderful. We have lot so other people who are scary and wonderful as well. Nothing is quite as amazing as having a writer tell you about grad school and life because they make it sound so beautiful and snazzy.

Also, the people in my program are pretty awesome. Most are in TV and Film, there are only 4 or 5 of us in Playwriting (for now) but I'm not sure how things will change. I met a bunch of them, can only remember some of their names, but what can you do. There are only about 17 of us. One of the kids was in my undergrad, which is just ridiculous(ly awesome).

After orientation (which was supposed to end at 4) about 8 of us decided to go to MacDougal Street Ale House and sat around for 2 hours talking about playwriting, screenwriting, how awesome we think the teachers are... It's pretty awesome to explain why you love writing plays to someone who's only ever been a screenwriter and then have someone actually agree with you. To see your passion reflected in someone else's eyes is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment