Saturday, November 7, 2009

I was supposed to go out to dinner, but then my friend bailed on me. I had actually put on makeup (first time all week) and was wearing shoes. This is a big deal for me, I deserved some positive reinforcement. But no.
IMG_2313
IMG_2333
IMG_2343
IMG_2330
IMG_2356


Instead I made pasta, watched The September Issue, Rachel Getting Married, and 500 Days of Summer.

The September Issue: I really liked it. I don't understand why Anna Wintour gets so much flack. If she were a man and if this were Investment banking, she'd be getting a pat on the back (and an illegal bonus to boot) for all her work. And her Creative Director is a class act.

Rachel Getting Married: I like to think of this as the theatre person's movie. It really is structured like a play, with a number of stage actors, and with a sense of dialogue and character development that is usually confined to the stage. I love it, a number of people I know hate it or think it's "boring." But I can say, I would kill for the wedding that Rachel has. /being pretentious

500 Days of Summer: I love it. I love it. I love it. Summer's a bit of a bitch, Tom is way too far in the clouds for his own good, and it's got the Gub and Regina Spektor songs.


While watching these films, I painted.
I'm not the best painter, I'm not the worst. I can say that I love painting with acrylics and oil a helluvalot more than my nemesis medium: water color. And I'd rather paint then draw or sketch, unless it's a decent sized black marker.

Photo on 2009-11-06 at 22.31
IMG_2286
IMG_2294
this one got covered up.
IMG_2298
my painting pants
IMG_2296
and... what? it's a picture of hair. No, I have no idea what that's about. But I like the shading.
IMG_2297
Photo on 2009-11-06 at 22.41


and my dog, for good measure:

IMG_2305
IMG_2340


Now, I'm going to go and watch CSI:Miami (though only for Horatio's one-liners) and Criminal Minds.
Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment