Monday, August 23, 2010

Hiatus of epic proportions has come to an end. My goal is to blog on a somewhat regular basis.

I think my mind melted from 6 months of work and I needed to become a temporary neo-luddite. See, I'm still learning about this thing called "boundaries" and not surpassing them. I tend to throw myself into things 110%, burn out, and then feel like my brain is some vast waste land that is completely incapable of functioning on a level above "eat, breathe, sleep."

But I'm better now. I've been writing. I went camping for a week, have been home for another 2 1/2 weeks. It was good to get away from New York for a bit. I thought I hated New York in the winters, but that was before I met New York summer. I'll welcome snow flurries and slushy conditions from this point on.

You may wonder why I'm writing at 4 am. No, my plane flight isn't until 11:15 pm tonight. I just can't sleep. I've come down with a head cold (read: I'm going to die a painful death upon descent into JFK). That coupled with the general anxiety of flying back to New York, school starting, and all the other various things I need to do has resulted in me sitting around watching Gypsy and trying to breathe through my left nostril. But, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment