Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's 11 am. It's 80 degrees. It's humid. I feel like I should be in Hawaii with this weather, but I'm not. I'm in this itsy bitsy apartment with air conditioning I can't figure out how to run. I also slept on the floor because it was too hot to sleep in my loft. Oy, my life.

I also just realized that I have 3 plants that are going to die by the end of the summer because I have to leave an no one will be around to water them. Maybe I'll take part in some guerilla gardening. Too bad they need water every day, so I don't know how to solve that problem. Or maybe I'll just put them on a bench in Washington Square Park with a note that they need a good home. The fact that I haven't killed these plants and it's been about 2 months has got to count for something.

On another note, what to do today. I could go to the park and read, though it's ungodly hot and I'll get a sunburn. I could go to Starbucks and read or write. I need to do the latter, I have so many people asking to read my stuff and I"m so far behind that it's embarrassing. I think everyone has this expectation that I actually have skill, something which I am incredibly skeptical about. I furreal start my new job tomorrow. I was in the office on Thursday and Friday, but one was just a catch up meeting and the other was to watch an audition. I still have no clue what my actual job entails/if I get a stipend. I sure hope so. But I'm an Assistant Producer, so that's awesome.

Ok, off to feign productivity despite the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment