Tuesday, October 13, 2009

so my 15" macbook Pro bit the dust. The hard drive was salvaged, but the Apple ~geniuses were impressed by my ability to so totally destroy a computer. Mind you, no one's quite sure what happened, just a total meltdown of the hardware.

now i have a smaller, niftier, newer 13" macbook Pro.

It's so much nicer, and only cost $300 bucks more than if I had just had my old one fixed. It's a flat screen, so I don't have to worry about the dirt and grime getting into the grooves. Same with the keyboard, which has always been a problem.

It also has Snow Leopard and I can use Firefox, which I wasn't able to do before. Everything's running better and I'm so happy. I wish I didn't have such bad luck with computers though.

And the storm that's hit California has been a doozy. Our driveway is underwater and branches are everywhere. Gusts are at 70 mph, and there hasn't been an October storm this bad since the 60s. In general, it's not too bad, I just hate the feeling that my car is going to hydroplane. I think the wind is the worst now. I bet in every other state they're laughing at us as we freak out. Of course the news treats it like the Apocalypse, so I don't blame them. I just don't want to lose power.

So I'll leave you with a few pictures that have nothing to do with anything, and hope that we don't lose power.



No comments:

Post a Comment